Saturday, February 18, 2012

What to do on a rainy day!!

What an exciting Saturday we have had.  Even though it's always sad to hear or see postings on FB of my parents and sister and her family spending the day together.  Being 3 hours away it's not as easy to just get up and go to attend these things.  But it's always a blessing when we are able to be there. 
I have made a commitment to myself and to my children that we will have craft time together every Saturday if we are home.  Grant it....I'm not the best crafty person; with the help of Pinterest I think I've done pretty good. 
This Saturday started out with making a new recipe for breakfast.  With the help of my husband off to the kitchen we went and made Bacon & Egg McMuffins.  The recipe calls for the use of a Texas size muffin pan; which I did not have.  Before making this again I will have to get one.  I would recommend using the Texas size one.  Using the smaller one the eggs don't get done.  I started off with the 6 cup muffin pan and got all my other ingredients together.









Then I took the english muffins and pressed them into the muffins pans...I recommend spraying the pan before hand with cooking spreay; I did not and when the eggs overflowed they would stick to the pan.   Wrapped each one along the inside with a "Fully Cooked" bacon strips.  Took just a pinch of cheese and put in the bottom and then cracked an egg and put in the middle of the english muffin.  Sprinkled  a little bit of kosher salt and crushed black pepper on the top of each one.  Baked for 20 minutes on 350 degrees. 

FINAL OUTCOME :)

After breakfast was complete and kitchen was cleaned; off to the store we go to get the stuff for our Saturday craft. When I say craft...I thought I was only doing 1 thing; which I ended up doing 3 different crafts today.  And I did 1 craft type thing last night.  But I'll explain that in another blog; along with the 3rd craft that was done today.

Started the great craft time by making an Easter egg tree.  Having help from the kids I think is what makes it so wonderful.  They love being involved and helping.  They did so well!!
We got all of our supplies today: 4 packages of foam glitter egg ornaments (I got small ones which still worked great, but you could get the big ones if you can find them), 1 foam cone, Green paper Easter grass, a pair of scissors & a hot glue gun. 

Now the first step is where I was really able to get the kiddos involved.  Take the foam glitter egg ornaments and cut the strings off of them.



Take one of the eggs and place a dab of glue on it and then place it onto the cone...starting at the bottom.  
Working your way all around the cone leaving a space inbetween each one; which is where the grass will be placed.  On my bottom row I did place them too close and then I realized that I wasn't going to have enough eggs if I was to do that through the whole cone.  Made my way all the way to the top...EWWW had just enough eggs. :)  Then take the grass and place it in the empty space.  I actually took a pencil and put the grass onto the end of the pencil then ended up putting a hole in the cone with the pencil.  So the grass would be placed into that hole and stay in place.  Going all around the cone looking for empty space to place grass.  It was very time consuming..but all worth it.

For me not being to crafty I really think that it turned out great.  The bunny is from Cheyenne...adding a little more touch to the tree.

Onto the next craft....which was a cereal box paper holder.  You get tired of coming home and the mail is laying around the house.  So I saw the idea on Pinterest to make a cereal box paper holder....what a great idea.  Any school papers or mail that I need to go thru when I get home will be placed in this box which is located on the fridge.
Took the box and cut the front off, but only 1/2 of the front of the box.  Glued the flaps down..then wrapped it with construction paper.  In our "new" craft box we had some magnetic strips left over from Friday's thing I did.  So I took those and placed them on the back of the box.  I don't plan on the box getting very heavy so no worries of it falling down.  Emptying it every night while dinner is cooking is a MUST!
It's nothing fancy at all...just something simple.

What a fun Saturday we have had.  Hope you had a great one too. God Bless each and everyone of you; just like God has blessed me! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment